We were engaged for the refurbishment, conversion & extension of an existing protected structure to accommodate 11no. bedrooms and ancillary accommodation, partial demolition of dilapidated rear wing, addition of 2 new storey extension with 8no. bedrooms. Minor cosmetic alterations to existing facades & minor alterations to existing entrance, walls, piers, gates to provide where also required to convert Newtown House to a country house hotel.
Newton house was built in the late 1700’s as a family manor home. It was purchased in the 1960’s by “The Daughter’s of the Cross” holy order and converted into into a boarding school for young ladies. This was subsequently closed & Newtown House was converted into a B&B but at the time of our engagement the building was vacant and in need of restoration.