Director in Charge (Architect and Client Liaison) Founded the Practice in 2004, Colm has over 20 years experience managing a wide variety of architectural contracts from initial design to completion. Colm holds an overall managing brief for planning & implementation of strategic goals and Managing […]
1. Design Service (see also Project Stages) / Feasibility Studies / Assisting in establishing your brief Architects provide a full and comprehensive design service: from formulating a Brief of your requirements and producing an Initial Design, to Developed Design, Detail […]
2. Applying for Planning Permission Advising if your project requires planning permission and producing the relevant information for making an application to the local authority. You may also engage an architect to provide services in connection with planning appeals. Your […]
3. Administrating the Building Contract & Project Management Dealing on your behalf with the building contractor and administrating the project to ensure that it is delivered in accordance with the design and planning permission.
5. Building Surveys Conducting a full measured survey of an existing building, prepare a report and advise on the condition. Specialist Skills and Services: In addition to the services described above, an architect may take on an additional, specialised role […]
6. Conservation Skills and Protected Structures If the building you own is ‘historic’, a ‘Protected Structure’ or in an ‘Architectural Conservation Area’ you will need the advice of an architect with skills in conservation. The RIAI operates an RIAI Conservation […]
8. Interior Design You may engage your architect to provide a full interior design service, advising on loose furniture, artworks and finishes. An architect may design bespoke pieces of furniture and lighting.